Google is one of the brands that we all can put our faith in. They have provided many smart speakers in the past years. Among that lineup, one of the most popular ones is Google Home. The features of this speaker are similar to the Amazon Echo device. However, this virtual helper is a shell for Google Assistant to help with different works.
If you are here, it means you want to know how to connect Google Home to wifi network. But before you know that, it is essential to learn more about the device itself. It is a smart speaker designed to help you do a lot of work for yourself. Also, control the other smart gadgets of your home with a simple tap of voice command.
There are plenty of things that Google Home can do. Among them, the common ones are broadcasting weather, playing your playlist, turning on or off devices, and others. But, as the name suggests, it is specially designed to make your home better and help you control things.
Some of the things are great in this Google Home device to simplify life. However, many users are unable to set up the device and connect to Wifi. The most common problem is connecting issues of Google Home. You can do all these things with your Google Home only after connecting to wifi. If it is not connected, then you will not be able to do anything on the device.
You have to follow some easy steps to fix the connectivity issue and connect your home wifi to Google Home.
How To Connect Google Home To WiFi
Not only you but there are also thousands of people who looked for the answer of how to connect Google Home to wifi. Here are some of the easy steps given below that will help you to get connected. Before proceeding, here are some of the things that you need to make sure of.
- An account of Google
- Google Home App Latest Version
- iOS or Android device
- Login information of the wifi network
These things are necessary to have before you start the troubleshooting process.
- First, you will need to make sure that you are connected to your home wifi network via Bluetooth. If you are facing problems connecting, you might need to check the password and username of the wifi again.
- Turn on your Google Home device by plugging it in. A light will blink after turning on the device.
- You have to open the Google Play Store or App Store and download the Google Home app. In Android phones, the app is preinstalled in most cases. However, make sure that the app is in the latest version if you have downloaded it previously.
- After downloading the app, you have to open it with the Google Address you want to use. It is best to use your main account instead of creating a new one as the primary account is connected to most apps like Google services, calendar, and others.
- In the app, you will find an icon ‘+’; click on it. The app should be able to recognize your Google Home device. Select it and click on next to proceed in the next step.
- You will now hear a sound in the speaker; click yes when you listen to it. Now, you have to name your speaker based on your choice and select a space or location where your Google device is kept.
- Now, you will have to select your wifi from the list and click on next. Enter username and password to connect with the wifi and make your Google Home come to life.
During the setup process, you will get a series of questions related to the setup. You can either answer them during setup or later. This is the process of how to connect Google home to new wifi.
If you have followed all the steps mentioned above and are still not connected to the network, you need to follow some troubleshooting steps. Here are some of the most useful ones given below.
- You can try restarting your Google Home device if it is not working. However, do not turn it off and on very fast. After turning off the device, wait for some time before turning it back on again and plug back. You will need to start the process from the beginning.
- Another option is restarting the Google Home app. If you don’t know how to do that, you have to restart your phone with the help of the power button. It will both restart your app along with the phone.
- If the problem is still not solved, then you will need to restart the router and modem. You might need to restart both at once.
- If it is still not working, then you can check the bar of your wifi. You need to check how many bars of wifi you have near Google Home. If there is a signal problem, you will get only a few bars on your wifi. In that case, you will need to move closer to the wifi router.
- If all of these solutions are not working for you, you have to take the help of a factory reset. A factory reset of the Google Home app is the last resort that will fix the issue and help it to connect with wifi.
If you want to know how to connect Google Home Mini to wifi, the process is almost the same as Google Home.
Google Home is one of the best smart products from Google. It is used by millions of users worldwide as a home assistant and speaker. However, many people might face some issues while connecting to wifi. So, here is the complete guide to help you connect the Google Home with the wifi network. Go through the article to know all the details and learn the troubleshooting process as well.