The use of social media has skyrocketed in the last decade due to people understanding how to use it to its maximum potential. Moreover, not only people but businesses are also pretty active on social media websites. As a result, people and enterprises soon understood how to use social media platforms as practical marketing tools.
Therefore, social media is used to communicate with people and to market your brand and your products and services. Social media now acts as a digital marketplace, especially Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
One of the newer social media websites to enter this digital marketplace is Snapchat. Similar to Instagram, Snapchat allows you only to post photos and videos that you clicked just now in your profile. However, they recently added the function to add music to your posts.
Therefore, this article will help you learn how to add music in Snapchat, especially in your posts and stories. Continue reading to understand the various ways you can do so.
What Is Snapchat?
Snapchat is an instant messaging service created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown. In its beta stage, it was first launched in 2011, whereby it became a massive hit amongst younger audiences.
When Snap Inc. first launched this application on mobile phones, it focused on letting users share photos and videos in the form of “snaps” – short photo and videos that can be seen by others only once before it disappears. While this was a popular idea back in the day, the use of stories by Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat soon made that trend obsolete.
Soon, Snapchat caught on to this new trend and allowed its users to share photos and videos as statuses that stay visible for only 24 hours. Snapchat also has this “Discover” feature that allows users to see content from people and brands they are not following. This is the space where businesses get to share sponsored posts.
While Snapchat may not be at the top of the social media marketplace, it is pretty famous in its own right. As of December 2021, Snapchat has amassed 300 million daily users, with more than four billion snaps being posted every day. This is a 25% increase from previous figures from 2020 before the pandemic started. In addition, most Snapchat users belong under the age of 16, which proves its popularity amongst teenagers.
How To Add Music In Snapchat From Audio Library?
Snap Inc. added the option to add music to your Snapchat story recently in an update. Before this update, people have to manually add music to the background of their videos by having it playing on a speaker elsewhere. After Facebook and Instagram added this feature, Snapchat joined the bandwagon too. Now, everyone wants to know how to add music to Snapchat.
Therefore, you can learn how to add music in Snapchat android stories by:
- Open the Snapchat application on your smartphone.
- Click on the camera icon on the application’s home screen to open the in-app camera.
- Before you click your picture, click on “Music Sticker” – it appears as a musical note as one of the several options on the right side of the screen.
- After you click on that option, you will be given several options to choose the genre of the music, and it also recommends some trending songs for you to select from.
- You can also search for the song you want to feature manually by searching for the music by typing in its name in the search box. After you have found it, select it.
- Once you have selected a song, a slider will pop up, which you can slide left and right to choose which portion of the music you want to feature.
- Now it’s time to click a picture or a video. You have to do so while the song is playing to time your actions along with it.
- After you finish “snapping”‘ the picture or video, it will automatically get uploaded with the music in the background.
How To Add Your Own Music In Snapchat?
If you do not like the library of songs Snapchat has for you, you can relax knowing that you can record your compositions and post your recordings on Snapchat. But, to do so, you must:
- Open Snapchat and select the camera icon.
- Click on the music icon to add music.
- When selecting a genre, click on the rightmost option – “My Sounds.”
- A recorder will open up. Click on the microphone button to start recording your singing talent.
- Click on OK and post your Snap.
When you use this method to post recordings, you cannot have any music playing in the background while you sing since they will be detected by Snapchat and be marked as copyright infringement. Also, your recordings can be maximum of 60 seconds long.
Why Use Music In Snapchat?
Using music on Snapchat is a great idea to boost your post in the “Discover” section. This makes your reach more users publicly and increases your reach. If people like your Snap, they are most likely to follow your profile. Therefore, learning how to add music in Snapchat makes your posts more engaging and exciting for people and brands to see.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You can add music to your snaps in 2021 by selecting a song while clicking an image.
You can use an application called VidTrim to remove the original audio from your Snap and add music to it instead.
You can add music to your snaps by selecting a song while clicking an image.
You can use an application called Beecut to add music to pictures. Also, you can post photos on social media using Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Adding music to your Snapchat photo or video makes them look more exciting and appear more appealing to viewers. This compels them to like your Snap, increasing your reach and follower count. This is important since many brands look for influencers on Snapchat to use as a tool to market their products and services.
If you learned how to add music in Snapchat, share this article with others who want to learn it too!
- What Are The Types Of Artificial Intelligence?
- Avast Driver Updater: Pros And Cons With Honest Review In 2021
- Find The Best YouTube Video Downloader With A Lot of Benefits